RC Adventures

Renaissance College is a small faculty of the University of New Brunswick. Its 20-25 students are earning a Bachelor of Philosophy with an Interdiciplinary in Leadership Studies. During their first summer, they participate in a domestic (Canadian) internship; these are their stories.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Plant

No, not that kind of plant.
Hi all!
Here is a(n) (unexciting) story, which ends with a question.
I was walking around on Sunday, and I found some interesting things. First of all, I was reminded that I really, really need to learn to identify poison ivy. I always remember that at the wrong time, namely when I am looking at some plant which is sort-of 3-leaved, and I am never quite sure. For the longest time, I thought that raspberry plants were poison ivy, which made me a bit nervous about raspberry plants, even when I could see the raspberries. But I have never run into it, I guess, so I never remember it.
Second thing I found was two ENORMOUS metal buoys. They were probably over 4 feet high, and way up on land, probably a km up from the shore, and significantly uphill, in the middle of trees, and very rusty. And heavy, almost hard to imagine that they floated.
Third thing was lots and lots of grasshopper spit. I naturally found this by walking through it all.
Fourth thing was that I kept on choosing to walk through and grab onto plants with thorns.
And the last thing, about which I have the question: I saw this plant, and it made me think of aliens. Each blade thing is about a foot long, and it was growing in a big clump, about the size of a large ant-hill, and rounded in shape too, with all of them growing together. So here is a picture. What is it? It looks fake, like it is made of plastic. But it isn’t.
That’s all! Not terribly exciting, but maybe it’s a New Brunswick thing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home