Ronud 2
Alllrighty then...who knows where I left off...anyone?
For starters, I'm feeling out of the loop...would it help if I had people on my MSN list, or if I emailed them? That will be my new tactic...along with more frequent "blogging" (action word).
On Sunday night Mr. Micah and I went to Mexi's (anyone jealous?) personally I'm not a huge fan of the place but what with Micah's insane hunger from working 24/7 at the funeral home now...I conceded to his choice. At said restaurant I saw Chelsea/Kirby/Bermuda's boyfriend and I thought to myself "where he is, she probably is too". Well folks, I was right and I was blessed with a Chelsea sighting. Here follows an update on her, as she seems to be blog illiterate:
"Yeah, I'm having a great time...I'm soooo busy though! I have 2 days off, and so we all(co-workers) came here! Last week of camp wasn't so bad because I only had one camper in a wheelchair, and you have to dress them and shower them etc. they are the ones who need the most attention. A lot of times I am not in bed until 1:00, and if a kid can't sleep I'm up with them. Next week is adult camp (over 35) so I'm going to be sooo busy." (this is a rough recall of what she said. I thought she looked really happy :))
My turn! Hwat I've been doing has been meeting in Bathurst for a day a few weeks back, finished all the essays we had to do, journalling of course, chaired my branch staff meeting, had a day meeting in Saint John (part of my time was spent at Crescent Valley, biggest subsidized housing community in NB), having a meeting with my mentor Angela each Friday, filling information into Excel about Transition Houses and mainly pushing and prodding people around the province so that they will send me their information about the HOM manual which I was hired to make. It feels like they are university students, as the deadline is tomorrow to send me their info and out of 8 people, I have received 2 things!! ahh.
Lately I've been feeling very annoyed/bored with this job. I feel almost guilty about being here and getting paid to make up work for myself, because I am just playing the waiting game. I've been told: that is how government is. Jonathan told me that I need to pace my work so that I don't finish everything in one day, but to me that almost sounds like purposefull procrastination which is what I am rather successfully breaking out of! (anyone who knows should be applauding right now:)).
So...I have tried getting creative and brought my watercolors in today and made a logo for the HOM manual as well as a thank you care for the Crescent Valley tenant's association Barb (my coworker) and I visited, as they made us lunch.
Question: how have people done on their essays? Not trying to pry I am just curious if the consensus is that Jonathan is an easy marker?
Question: where is Shannon now? And why? (i was unaware her plans involved NFLD)
Other than work I have been havign fun in the sun...well it has rained a lot lately. But, my brother and his wife visited this weekend and that was nice. Monday night Micah and I went to a lake on the northside of Fredericton called Killarney..I'll have to take you all there to see. We swam..it was freezing, and played frisbee. I have gone to look at the garden, and took some left over tomatoe plants that Mike offered, but I haven't helped out...no invite.
Well..hope that wasn't so long you were bored...miss you all, I'm glad we can keep in touch moderately like this.
-Joanna
P.S. Emily, Micah is going to Montreal on July 11th...you guys should hook up..in the casual day time friend sort of sense. haha. :)

3 Comments:
Dude yeah, I work 9-5 and have rugby practice from 6:30-8:30 but maybe he'd want to have supper before or after rugby! Thats so exciting - I'm so excited!
PS what is your yahoo email account, and does your unb account forward to it? Because I sent out a big like newsletter thing a few ppl have responded to - including -*gasp* Graham, who not only actually did it, but was the first to do so!!! haha. Laura, Chelsea K, Amanda and stuff did too! so check your unb! and give me your yahoo!
you rock you rock you rock! AND it's my 19th birthday on July 18!lol I will make sure to look him up/expect him to look me up - we'll talk as the time grows nearer . . . tell him I don't know the city like super well at all, so don't expect a grand tour, but I'm sure we'll find something random and fun!
Joanna, you chaired a meeting? That sounds exciting, or hard, or something along those lines. (ahh!! scary). I hope people are getting around to sending you stuff for work…
About msn, well, I’m never there (no internet at home, and the library and work has it blocked apparently), but either here or email conversations work!
Work frustrations in trying to find what to do, yup I agree there sometimes. Hopefully that is getting better. Waiting game, that is a good way to put it. But painting sounds like fun!
Not answering for Shannon, (if you read this, please elaborate!!!), but I understand she is doing the internship in Gros Morne Nfld, working something with leading the government Young Canada Works thing?
Lake Killareny, that sounds vaguely familiar, like it belongs in the song about Down by the Sea, where the watermelons grow back to my home ...etc. but I just ran through that, and it doesn’t. Now I am wondering where (if?) I heard that before.
Post a Comment
<< Home