Rambling
Hi Everyone!
I already posted roughly what I am doing, so I won’t repeat that again. Just go read it down a ways, if you haven’t already.
So, last weekend as I was leaving the library (free internet!), someone pulls over in their car, rolls down the window even though it is pouring rain, so I figure they are trying to talk to me. Right. So, they say, ‘Hey, you haven’t seen a peacock wandering around, have you?’ I hadn’t (peacocks generally have a hard time slipping unnoticed into libraries, I would think), and they moved on.
Point is, Graham, I have been faithfully listening to CBC (as I do anyways, and I haven’t heard them lie too too much yet…), and I still don’t know what is going on with this peacock and … apparently a yak too? I am assuming it is related to the parade that I didn’t see…but some clarification would be great. It sounds like it could be an interesting story!
About music in St.Andrews. I did see a concert … two weeks ago now? Which was Very good, despite echo-y curling rinks. So I am voting for tea with the mayor. Not really. I am not, despite my best efforts, a fan of tea (which is a horrible thing to say to RC-ers, I know. Apologies especially to Shannon, Dana, Andi, Gerry, … there were lots of tea drinkers, I give up on listing you all. But I did try.). So, jumping back a long ways, tell me when things (music, spoon-playing, neither of those, anything else…) are happening (anyone!), and I’ll see what I can work out! We had a Spoons group in grade 6, I played spoons on the stage of the Confed Center (where Anne of Green Gables is) with about 60 other kids from my grade as part of a school play. I wish I could remember what song, cause that would be funny for me, but I can’t.
By the way, I don’t think I have ever been compared to Christ and tuna fish in the same sentence before. In fact, I am not sure I have ever been compared to either before.
And Amanda, going down to the hospital with learning services and . . . 4NE? (I don’t understand, explain if you get a chance? Thank you!) Sounds to me that, despite the work work and work, you are keeping pretty busy with other stuff! But you aren’t staying in Fredericton while working in St. John, are you? (or maybe you are, I don’t know).
And so now it sounds like a lot of people are heading to PEI for Canada day…now that I leave, you all go. Let me know if anyone has room for an extra person to get a ride home, I could probably be convinced to help with gas and/or a place to stay on pei…? And speaking of Alex, what are you up to? (I am now down to about 4 or 5 who I still don’t know where you are…).
Joanna, how is the government / city organization bureaucracy treating you? Have you been down to see the RC garden lately? I keep getting random emails from RC about gardening stuff, and I wonder how its going?
Laura, I’ll send emails to go to the website again if that helps. But I think it is probably easier to have people posting (or just writing comments) rather than having massive emails. Not that I don’t love massive emails, cause I do. But yes. Remember way back when the fire-fighters probably came to talk to you all (probably in about grade 2 or 3?) and told you not to fly kites near power lines or trees? That might apply to poi as well… Ok, maybe not so much power lines, but I am sure I have been in areas of St. Andrews that are tree-free, at least enough for swinging things around. And what is the Fulcrum?
I have to ask Andi if I have permission to update everyone on the new post-Europe Andi. Let me know?
And Chelsea (F), if you have snow, does that mean there is a rink or someplace there that you can keep skating at? (a lot of snow? Snow worth shoveling? I thought I last heard that you were wearing capris…? Or maybe you just got used to the cold that fast?)
Chelsea, Kirby, Bermuda (?)…ok. Which one is easiest now? Glad you are liking the camp! And you don’t (I think…) need to sign in to post comments, so just write in there someplace, if you get a chance!
I will, however, point out that St. Andrews is over-run with rabbits. And they are alive, unlike the porcupines in NB, which is good. Honestly, I see rabbits most every day. On PEI, when we saw a rabbit, (guessing maybe twice a year?), we would pull over the car and watch it until it hopped away, cause that was an event. We would even gawk at rabbit tracks when we saw them, and with ski poles draw in the snow until they looked like bunny faces. Rabbits were more special than foxes (which was soon started to ignore,), and skunks (which, for obvious reasons, we avoided anyways). So where do you get all the rabbits (actually, to be safe I will point out that they could be hares, I don’t know the difference)? Fredericton had squirrels, the highways have porcupines, I saw deer once down at work, and there are lots of tourists in town. New Brunswick, strange place this is. And it keeps on raining.
I think I’ll end this here, so I’ll talk to you all later!! Miss you!
Kristina
(Final note: this was last night, and now it is this morning, and it isn’t raining today!! So fingers crossed, ok?)

7 Comments:
7am! Yipes! That's no fun.
Anyhow, you basically rock - that was such a fun one to read!
Haha, not 7 am, but 8 am. It would have been 7 your time...
7 is too early to be on a computer.
Of course she (fictional character) does!!!
Actually, i remember going to see the play in like grad 2 or 3, and i was soo sad when matthew...
(ok, i think we all know this if we care...) ...died. And i was convinced they had buried him under the stage, and that was just double-y sad.
But then he came back alive at the end, when everyone was clapping and stuff, so it was alright afterall.
No wonder we are all messed up kids (or maybe just me!), with people dying and coming back to life all the time!
(what on earth is with the time stamps here? it is now 1:30pm)
I'm impressed with the computer ability to tell us two different things (which technically are the same I guess, because 7 here and 8 there is the same and seeing as the computer is technical machine, it would out a technical difference like that . . .) I'm impressed with the computers ability to figure out stuff. Damn you machine for being smarter than me.
Oh, Emily, don't get overly impressed with the computer. It isn't that smart. I hate to tell you, but it says (incorrectly) that i posted at 7am when i look at it here too. I think it just puts everything in EST (your) time.
It's 6:57 am on there now. That's just NOT cool
Its not so so bad... 6:57am there means it was 7:57am here, which is good, cause i start work at 8:00am. Which is early, but not the end of the world, the Station is like a two minute roll down the hill on a bike, so no effort involved.
(Haha, as it was aptly described to me when i asked before i came if where i was staying was close to the Station, they told me that if i tripped and fell out my front door, i would likely roll to the Station. That isn't quite true, but still.)
Post a Comment
<< Home