RC Adventures

Renaissance College is a small faculty of the University of New Brunswick. Its 20-25 students are earning a Bachelor of Philosophy with an Interdiciplinary in Leadership Studies. During their first summer, they participate in a domestic (Canadian) internship; these are their stories.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Hello!

Hi everyone!
I lied, I said I would post this yesterday. I'm sorry, I tried, but the computer wouldn't let me for some reason, so I am trying again today.
Are people checking in here, or not? I am trying to think of what everyone is doing for internships, and I am drawing a lot of blanks. So even if you don’t want to post here formally, a comment or two about what you are up to would be great!
So yes, I am in the Beautiful but lately Rainy town of St. Andrews, working at the Biological Station. I am working on a history project here, researching the history of the Station and the different directors they have had, as well as setting up a photo archiving system for a whole bunch of old pictures they have of the Station. And I will be, eventually, working on coming up with interview questions to interview past Station employees. This is all meant to relate to the Station’s 100th birthday which is coming soon. For right now, that all translates into a lot of reading, most of which is (almost surprisingly?) interesting as long as I can switch books/topics semi-often. And taking notes on all that. And looking for where I can find more information, which is the hard part.
Other than that, besides writing these crazy journals for Jonathan, and essays, I am re-learning to bike while exploring the area, and trying to cook and speed up the grocery-shopping process.
And that about sums up my life at the moment. A little slow (understatement), but that is alright for a bit.
I am really tempted to try and make a list of what everyone is doing, but it would be way too empty.
Ok, so being a list person, I did make the list but I won’t post it. Point is I am lost for more than a third of you, and fuzzy on lots of them. Fill us (me) in!?

Hope everyone is well, and talk to you later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

K-Dog
I blame Dana for gettin me hooked on that one - but it suits you sooo well!
Thanks for posting the pictures! They really are fantabulous. I want to see everyones pictures; I doubt anyone would be into having like an informal slide show (for just us, no teachers allowed, so we can be candid/aka hilarious) when we get back. Oh, its a thought. Anyhow we'll be talking soon!

2:00 p.m., May 29, 2006  
Blogger Kristina said...

Emily, why would you doubt that anyone would want to have an informal slide show when we get back?? That is a really good idea!!

8:10 a.m., May 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home