Montreal Bound . . .
That's right folks . . . you heard it straight from the source . . . Emily has worked out a summer internship!
I thought it would never happen, but apperently I underestimated myself! Sadly, Washington is out, (but really, who wanted to turn 19 in a place where I had to be 21 to drink?) but I got myself an equally exciting opportunity . . . in Montreal (where I don't even have to wait to be 19!) working for the JW McConnell Foundation . . . that lovely philanthropic foundation that gave RC the million bucks to get started!
The job is pretty cool; I am going to be doing grant summaries as well as working with the 5 person team on who to give money to . . . and wow is there ever a lot of money . . . $20, 000, 000 (thats right - no '.'s - thats 20 million dollars) was given out in 2004.
I am still working on a place to live, but I'll be leaving sooner than later. . . I have to be out there by the 15 of May and I probably won't be back in my maritimes until mid Aug . . . And - I even found a rugby club - and IRISH rugby club - very close by. . . its like montreal is set up all for me . . .
Anyhow, I hope you guys are all doing good - I would love any of you to drop me a line and say 'yo' . . . I have been missing everyone and even . . . dare I say it . . .class?!?! since getting home. My dogs, as cute as they are, just aren't as stimulating as you folks (but moreso than my siblings).
Anyhow I'll catch ya'll later. . . keep postin and we'll catch up soon!
Em
PS How did I forget to mention - KISH (*my high school) had their first rugby games of the season yesterday . . . and thats right, we kicked some serious ass - 25-5, 19-7 and 38-0 . . . GO KISH!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home