Joyeux Anniversaire le Canada
(I swear I didn't even use an online translator for that . . .)
Hey folks! Thought it was high time I did a quick, 'yo yo yo' what's up, type thing! Is everyone enjoying sunshine? I know I haven't all week, but I'm hoping that's because it'll be an unreal weekend.
Work has improved like a million percent in the past week. . . I have some really unbelievable opportunities and projects, one involving researching the carbon neutral concept for the Foundation. Basically they want to figure out how to offset the carbon costs to the environment from the conferences they host (the air travel, the hotel stays, so on and so forth) and then figure out what they can do for 'credits' or do to offset those costs to become neutral . . . can you say bloody cool? The staff volunteering event I organized is also becoming a reality on Tuesday and Wednesday, which is super exciting! And I am going on a site visit next week to a grantee to observe the work they do . . . . it's really good stuff!
As for the good times in Montreal . . . lets just say that this city really lives up to all the praise! It's hopping! Last weekend was St. Jean Baptiste and the Grand Prix . . . can you say crazy?! Streets closed off and packed, chicks in stillettos (spelling?) and dudes in novelty racing gear . . . everyone just crazy and having a good time; it was definitely a marathon long weekend that started immediately following rugby practice on Thursday night and didn't really end until my body told me to sleep sometime Saturday. . . and even after that I got to explore and observe the city at it's best.
This week is what is known as moving week in Montreal. Basically all leases run . . . today. So basically EVERYONE I know is moving. . . a couple friends have really sweet new places, where I plan on spending a lot of time. But it really is weird . . . like EVERYONE is moving . . .

This weekend is no different! The Montreal Jazz Festival started last night and I went to a free event after an EWB meeting, totally chillin with a couple friends and thousands of other people, of all ages, appearances, colours and languages, but the music said the same thing to every last one of us . . . I am super pumped to partake in more amazing events from the LARGEST jazz fest in the world. I really thought that people overdid it in trying to explain it to me and that it would never live up to my expectations, but it far exceeds any visions on awesomeness and rightousness I ever could have imagined.

And, of course, tomorrow is Canada Day! I am pumped to pack in my typical green attire and pull out all of my patriotic red, white and hahaha's and good times! I came equiped with all kinds of arguments for the soveriengtists (although I have not met one yet) and am uber pumped to check out the Jazz fest on such a festive day.
Anyhow, I really am hoping that everyone is enjoying themselves as much as I . . . . there are so many awesome experiences for you all, and every single one of you just make me shake my head in awe when I hear about your stories. You are all such impressive people . . . I'd wish you luck but I don't think that's how you do things.
Love ya lots and we'll be talking soon!
Em/PIE
(FYI, my nickname, that's stuck, because my rugby team is dyslexic and though P-E-I spelt pie . . . I love it!)

1 Comments:
EMILY!!!!
I am so so sooo glad that work is getting better for you! I know you have been having a Lot of fun outside of work, but i'm excited for you that now this one last thing seems to be improving too.
As for Jazz festival, i just heard that on the news two seconds ago, and i thought, Hey, wonder if Emily is doing something there... I should have know(!)
I came home to PEI (pie?) last night with Andi and people, it is still here, in case you were wondering.
(Hey, you wonder about my 8am, and it is 6am when you post!??)
Alright, Happy Canada Day!! you work on that Canadian unity, keep having an awesome time, and talk to you soon!!
Post a Comment
<< Home