RC Adventures

Renaissance College is a small faculty of the University of New Brunswick. Its 20-25 students are earning a Bachelor of Philosophy with an Interdiciplinary in Leadership Studies. During their first summer, they participate in a domestic (Canadian) internship; these are their stories.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Back from the Abyss

Howdy y'all!

Well I finally found my way back to a computer. I just spent a week in a village trying to farm and generally emabarassing myself in front of ridiculously strong farmers who could do 234 times the work I could with minimal effort. I got to visit a school and finally played a football game against the kids here (they are obscenely good... I got embarrassed by some ten year old kid). I also got to help the women cook and try to do their chores; and discovered that they really do do the majority of the work of the village. So yeah, life is good.(They know it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home