droppin a line
Hey guys
Thought I'd just say 'yo' and post something that didn't actually include me advertizing something. . . sorry about those.
Anyhow, Montreal, as you can all imagine, is still kicking ass. I am going to a Just For Laughs show in a couple hours, which should be really brilliant. The weather was super hot all week, but this weekend has been perfect - not too hot, just right.
For those of you who didn't know, I was in Halifax last weekend playing rugby at the Eastern Canadians tournament for PEI (West; PEI U19 division figured they could take on the NS, NB, NFLD, and EOnt provincial teams split into two teams) and we did really bloody good; PEI West was undefeated in round robin play and lost in the finals to NS in a very tight game. PEI sent 7 teams for 6 divisions and won two gold and two silver! Whoohoo! GO PEI!
Okay, so at the risk of me boring you whilst takling about more rugby, I'll just pass along some super exciting news; as you know, I joined a team here and have made some of the best friends and played some unreal rugby. Well, it was such a depressing thought me leaving Aug 12 and not being here for the finals, Aug 27 (which we aren't guarenteed to make yet - we have a by to the semi's on Aug 5) that my team is all putting money together to get me a bus back to Montreal from PEI! So I am still going to go home for a week after I complete my internship, but Aug 22 or 23 I'll be coming back thanks to the unreal crew of friends I have here! Imagine, I get like a free trip to Montreal!
Anyways, besides all the good times, work has been slow but good slow. It's slow because EVERYONE is on vacation - last thursday there was 8 of 16 people in the office. Anyhow, its all good and I passed in my last journals the other day. I've been tossing around ideas for the final paper, but don't worry - not planning on starting it for a while.
Anyhow, hope all is well - apoligies for a rather dry, unorganized and relatively uninteresting post - just wanted to throw a little osmething one here!
Talk to ya'll soon . . .
Em

6 Comments:
Emily! 'Yo' back at you. That's great about the rugby trip back: you'll get home just long enough to miss people, and then you get to go back and see them all!
And about everyone being on vacation: same here too. There are what... 70? people who work here? And maybe 20 or so are around each week now. A few weeks ago, there were 3 in my long hallway, which should have at least 20 or 25.
I would just like to say that all of your talk about PEI has convinced the ad machine that we are a website about PEI, and it has put up ads to this note.
It is way too much fun to watch that.
we'd probably have a whole lot more people hittin it up if it was 'x rated or equally foolish' . . . means more money! whoo!
We, by the way, have made $2.26 since putting that up . . . that will pay for half a sandwich for some lucky intern next year!
Alright, so everyone go see the little post we had earlier up about maybe accidentally clicking on the wrong part of the page sometimes. My comment, under Joanna's post "Site" from June.
And i dunno about a sandwich, Emily. $2.26 could almost buy a (small) bag of potatoes, which we could then bake (using the RC kitchen, so we don't accidentally bring up any electricity bills), and everyone could put one in their pockets. I hear they were commonly used (last century and previously) as hand warmers, which I am sure Bryn will confirm for us are a major benefit to have in Africa (and all the other crazy places we will end up... Joanna's right, Kokabumba is a great word for it. No one knows where Bhutan is either...), as we all know it is just freezing there otherwise.
Did that follow? all the brackets got a bit confusing at the end...
Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»
Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home